Chats With Patterson

Coach+Patterson+

Gabriela Vizueth

Coach Patterson

Gabriela Vizueth, Reporter, Editor, Photographer

Mrs. Patterson is one of the many science teachers at Diamond High, head of prom committee, cross country coach, and has been teaching here for 2 years. She went to Carl Junction High School her freshman and half of her sophomore year and finished out her high school years at Mac County. When asked if she missed high school she said, ” I enjoyed high school, but no don’t miss it. I miss some of the people and how much simpler life was.” Her first idea of what she wanted to be when she grew up was a veterinarian. Once she found out she had to euthanize animals she was out. Patterson first went to college for biology field work, but then to be a perfusionist. She ended up with with a biology bachelor and tried to get jobs in labs and quality control. She then decided she didn’t like it but loved when she was able to learn at her jobs and decided teaching was for her. She went back to school and got her masters in teaching at Western Governors University. Just for fun she was asked what her favorite place to eat was or her favorite food. “This is a hard one because it changes with my moods. I like pork, cheese and peppers, and CHOCOLATE. My favorite drink is sweet tea” she stated. She was also asked if she could have any pet in the world what would it be she replied with, “I love most all animals, so not sure how to pick just one. I have a dog, cat, and a fish currently. On the crazy side, I think koalas would be awesome for a pet. They are cuddly.”