DHS STUDENT UPDATE

COVID Update

Emily Meador, Reporter/ Writer

On the night of September 14th the Newton County Health Department declared a set of new rules for quarantined students to follow in order to return back to school.

The new rules for the students are as follows:

1. All contacts must always wear a mask/face covering except during a time that proper social distancing can be observed, specifically the ability to have at least 6ft between the contact and others. This includes during sporting or other extracurricular activities. For activities where masks are not feasible, contact must have a negative test for COVID-19 within 36 hours of activity start time before being allowed to participate in the activity.
  2. School personnel and parents must monitor the contact for any symptoms of COVID-19 and must isolate the contact from others immediately upon any symptom development.
  3. Contact must adhere to the conditions of quarantine in that he/she may attend school and school activities but must remain in quarantine at home at all other times until the 14-day quarantine has been completed.
  4. School personnel must continue to identify and report those individuals who become COVID-19 positive and those who are identified as contacts of those individuals to the Newton County Health Department.
  5. School personnel along with the Newton County Health Department will monitor closely those positive cases and the contacts and will immediately move to a more strict policy if the data shows a substantial increase in the number of positive COVID-19 cases within the school districts.

For more information please visit: https://www.diamondwildcats.org/vnews/display.v/ART/5f62491b29e96