Student Interview: Abby Harrold

Angelina Huebner, Editor

Abigail (Abby) Harrold has lived in Diamond her entire life.

Harrold’s favorite subject is English because she has always enjoyed writing. She wants to major in English and Mathematics Education in the future. Harrold’s least favorite subject is science. It isn’t that she doesn’t understand; she doesn’t like working with theories. Abby explains, “with grammar you have to have a period at the end of a sentence,” in science, there is so much open and still being pondered, and it isn’t something Harrold wants to do. Abby is in 7 clubs/organizations; those are International Club, Art Club, NHS, FBLA, Scholar Bowl, Speech and Debate, and Thespians. In a couple of these, she holds leadership positions. Some of Abby’s hobbies include writing movie scripts, novels, poems, and short stories. She also enjoys doing blackout poetry, scrolling through social media in search of memes, watching the Rundown, looking for things on Pinterest, and art. She has always enjoyed art since she was young. Abby has done art in school every year but one year when she did not have room for it in her schedule.

Harrold’s Senior year has gone pretty well besides the chapter she is on in trig at the moment. Being a senior, Harrold is busy with many things like college classes, working, preparing for graduation, and doing many things with her clubs and organizations. Balancing that all on top of having a social life can be challenging, but she has friends and family helping her through it all. Harrold is excited to go to college.

Abby Harrold’s inspiration is her grandmother because she taught her that education is the most important thing you can have. Her grandmother was an English teacher, and many other family members of her were teachers as well.