Welcome New Teachers of DHS (Pt. 1)

This year, there are seven teachers are new to Diamond.

Ms.+Foster
Back to Article
Back to Article

Welcome New Teachers of DHS (Pt. 1)

Ms. Foster

Ms. Foster

Ms. Foster

Ms. Foster

Angelina Hubner, Editor

DHS welcomes this years new teachers. Here are four of seven of the new teachers and a few things about them.

Mr. Adams

Mr. Bryan Adams has taught the last three years at Lamar. He teaches 7th and 8th grade health, high school health, high school P.E, and Lifetime Activities. Furthermore, Mr. Adams’s main interest is staying active. He also coaches basketball and is the J.V. baseball coach. Mr. Adams can be found in room 18, opposite of the band room, or the gym. So far he has had great experiences with the students, faculty, and community in Diamond and looks forward to more.

Ms. Foster

The new DECA sponsor, Ms. Symphony Foster, is also the new Marketing I, Advanced Marketing, Intro to Business, and Business Management teacher in room 8. She has been teaching for two years and came from her teaching job at Winfield High School to be closer to family. She enjoys being in Diamond because it is a very community with supportive people. Ms. Foster’s goals are to “make an impression with the students and make a difference.” She also wishes to try her hardest with the new curriculum and “pass that knowledge onto students.” Out of school, Ms. Foster likes to pass time reading and enjoying many T.V. shows.

Mrs. Laws

Mrs. Sandra Laws is the new sociology, psychology, american history, and geography teacher in classroom 22. She has been teaching for eleven years and came from her most recent job as a substitute for College Heights. Mrs. Laws came to Diamond by suggestion from Mrs. Hayes, the Spanish teacher and A+ Coordinator at DHS. She was looking for a job where she could teach about her passion, Social Studies, and Diamond was a good option seeing as she prefers small schools in a rural setting. Diamond has showed to Mrs. Laws that they are a close community and have great students. Mrs. Laws’s goals for the year are to memorize her students names and teach a class her students can learn something from and have good experiences. Some of Mrs. Law’s hobbies are spending time with family, reading, and cooking.

Ms. Patterson

The new Biology, Anatomy and Physiology, Ecology, and Botany instructor is Ms. Laurea Patterson and can be found in room 19. She is also the new head coach for high school and middle school Cross Country and assistant Scholar Bowl coach. This is Ms. Patterson’s first year teaching but, she did student teaching at Carl Junction. She was motivated to come to diamond because the school is known to be a great school and have great students, academics, and atmosphere. Ms. Patterson has so far enjoyed Diamond and has established her goals for this year. She wants to get A&P kids ready for college, get Biology and Ecology students through the curriculum because there is a lot and make sure they understand and have fun. Something to know about Ms. Patterson is she active and loves animals and everything to do with nature.

(abby  help me write an outro)