DHS Scholar Bowl Team Climbing the Charts

The Scholar Bowl Team Wins (nth) Place at Conference Meet and 2nd Place at Districts.

Scholar+Bowl+kids+proud+of+well+earned+rewards.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Scholar Bowl kids proud of well earned rewards.

Mrs. Hayes

Mrs. Hayes

Mrs. Hayes

Angelina, Writer

This year, the Scholar Bowl team has made its way back up with two big game changers. They won 1st place at the Conference Meet and 2nd place in Districts.

Saturday, March 30, the scholar bowl team went to their conference meet in Marionville and won first place. Six out of eight schools in our conference participated. CJ Greathouse and Rodney Stevens won all tournament team, individual points earned, placing at 3rd and 7th place. Only the first eight earned medals.

Scholar Bowl Districts was on Saturday, April 6, in Marionville. They won 2nd place against Marionville, Pierce City, Galena, Purdy, and Southwest. The 1st place winner was Marionville by which only beat Diamond by four number questions. Ty Douglas also won the all tournament team, this time not placed.

Mrs. Hayes thought that we had a very good chance of winning Districts and her goal was first place in Districts and then go on to sectionals. She was happy that we made it to the finals but was upset because we were so close to another victory.

To conclude the end of year for Scholar Bowl there was one last practice Wednesday the 10th for lettering and student voted awards.

The year has been very busy for the Scholar Bowl team but it has been a great year full of hard work and learning. Till next year, the kids will rest their brains and get ready for another year of Scholar Bowl.