• February 5JH Boys BB @ Home 5:30 p.m. (2/11)

• February 5JH Boys BB @ Pleasant Hope 5:30 p.m. (2/7)

• February 5Girls BB @ Sarcoxie 6:00 p.m. (2/11)

What’s Been Going on with Scholar Bowl Lately?

Scholar Bowl Updates of What has Happened Recently

Back to Article
Back to Article

Angelina

Angelina

Angelina

Angelina Huebner, Writer

Scholar Bowl members have been busy lately. They have had two activities in the past two weeks. Last week was History Day, and this week there was a Scholar Bowl meet in El Dorado Springs High School that had been moved from Thursday the 28th of February to Tuesday the 5th of March.

History Day was hosted by Southwest Baptist University. It was basically an event for history lovers to compete with their knowledge of the subject. A few of our Scholar Bowl members went and joined in on the fun. The event was set up where the students did the test with the team they brought. They were told very broad topics that the test would be about and had a few minutes to do research. Out of the twenty eight teams that participated, Diamond got 4th place. They were standing at 3rd place and lost to the team in 4th place on the last test bumping them down last minute. The Scholar Bowl coach, Mrs. Hayes, says that she was very proud of the students who went especially because they were only the sophomore and freshman members that day. She is very excited about the upcoming kids now and is excited for a stronger team. One participant, CJ Greathouse says that him and some of his fellow members had fun. His favorite part was the lunch provided by the University. This event was an efficient way of evaluating the team’s skill in history and even taught them more on the subject.

Tuesday the 5th, the scholar bowl members had a meet at the El Dorado Springs high school. El Dorado Springs, College Heights, Nevada, Lamar, Stockton, and Diamond  were the six schools that participated in this meet. Only three students on the Diamond team were able to participate in this event because the original date was moved due to bad weather. Another reason was because the week it was rescheduled to was a busy week with other organizations. Mrs. Hayes was predicting that the rounds would be rough because of the school that they were going to play and the amount of members we were brought. Although things would turn out tough, Mrs.  Hayes’s goal for the team was met because they had a great time and learned on the way. This meet also gave two members experience on varsity since the others couldn’t attend. Diamond played El Dorado, Nevada, and College Heights and lost all three games but had a great time and learned a lot this meet. They will continue to try their best and be prepared for the next date.

Some important upcoming dates for Scholar Bowl is the March 21st Branson meet for freshmen and sophomores, Conference Tournament March 30th in Marionville, and Districts on April 6th in Marionville. Mrs Hayes says Marionville will be hard to beat but it will be a fun Saturday that District day.

Although Scholar Bowl members have been busy lately, the year is coming to an end. They have had two activities in the past two weeks and Districts are coming up soon. The end is near but they are continuing to have faith and continuing to play as good sports. More importantly, they have had fun, made memories, and gained more knowledge.

Angelina Huebner, Writer

Angelina Huebner is part of the 2018-2019 Diamond Prowl. She's a junior this year and is looking forward to the memories that she and her friends will...