• October 13Speech & Debate Host: Oct. 19th

• October 12FB Senior Night: Oct. 19th

Mr. Johnson: Busiest Man Alive

Mr. Johnson, the new assistant principal, spoke about working at Diamond, as well as what inspires him.

Mr. Johnson, the assistant principal.

Mr. Johnson, the assistant principal.

Photo By: Abigail Harrold

Photo By: Abigail Harrold

Mr. Johnson, the assistant principal.

Angelina Huebner, Writer

Diamond is not just welcoming new principles, they are also welcoming a new administrator.

Robert Seth Johnson, the new assistant principal in the high school and middle school, athletic director, and A+ coordinator was born in Joplin, MO and attended school in Granby, MO. He graduated from East Newton High school, and then, graduated from Missouri Southern with a degree in education. He then got his Master’s degree from William Woods University. His first 14 years in education were teaching and coaching at East Newton High School, and this is his first year in Diamond. This is also his first year as an administrator.

Everyone has something that inspires them and for Mr. Johnson, that’s the students and the adults the works with. Mr. Johnson’s goals for Diamond is to develop some of the finest kids the area has to offer in every aspect of his multiple positions in Diamond. He says they will show that through the students’ attitude, effort, and citizenship.  He also says that he wants to have a disciplined and accountable school that pushes the students to be better and be positive and supportive. He also wants to create teamwork between all of the different staff to meet the goal of bettering the kids. Mr. Johnson makes a statement saying that he has learned a lot being in education and has especially learned that everyone, whether it be a coach, teacher, or another admin, can help contribute with good ideas and have something good to offer.

He says Diamond is full of students and there is a lot to be proud of.Mr. Johnson stays busy and says that every day is a different and new day and he completes new task every day. He says that there is always something to do and he is never bored. Mr. Johnson’s hobbies are to spend time with his family by taking care of there cattle, fishing, and camping as well as enjoy the outdoors with them.

Mr. Johnson says he is proud to be at Diamond and be a part of the Diamond family and is proud of the students, faculty, and administration and enjoys every day at Diamond.

Angelina Huebner, Writer

Angelina Huebner is part of the 2018-2019 Diamond Prowl. She's a junior this year and is looking forward to the memories that she and her friends will...