Student Interview: Ty Douglas

Student interview with freshman Ty Douglas

Ty+Douglas%2C+freshman.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Student Interview: Ty Douglas

Ty Douglas, freshman.

Ty Douglas, freshman.

Photo By: Abigail Harrold

Ty Douglas, freshman.

Photo By: Abigail Harrold

Photo By: Abigail Harrold

Ty Douglas, freshman.

Angelina Huebner, Writer

Ty Douglas is from Diamond, MO and is a freshman in the high school this year. His favorite subject in school is science and he says that it’s because he wants to be a scientist, specifically in biology. The subjects he is strong in are math, science, and history. The subject he is a little weaker in is L.A.

Ty finds time in his busy student life to be a part of something, in fact, he is very involved in the activities in Diamond. He participates in football, wrestling, basketball, and scholar bowl. The reason he likes participating in these activities is to enjoy these fun and competitive games. The reason he likes scholar bowl is for the purpose of using his smarts and using it in a competitive way. On top of all of this, he spends his free time playing video games, drawing, and sewing. He says his ideal way to spend a day is learning all that he can about history.

Something interesting you might not know about Ty is that he likes learning about wars and the strategies they used during the war. He likes reading up on those strategies and figuring out how they worked or why they didn’t work and how could they have improved that strategy so that it could have worked.

So far Ty enjoys the high school experience and is looking forward to his first high school scholar bowl tournament.